World Health Day Speech in English. World Health Day Best 5 Lines, Top 10 Lines. World Health Day Essay in Hindi, Article, Paragraph in English, Tamil, Kannada.
World Health Day Speech in English
Good Morning Everyone. Thank you for allowing me to speak here. Today we will talk about World Health Day (7th April). World Health Day is celebrated every year on 7th April with a new theme.
World Health Day provides an opportunity for the world community to come together for one day to focus on actions that can improve the health of all our people. Every year we highlight one important issue – but we ask everyone to consider all the things we need to do to keep our people healthy and well.
Every year we highlight one important issue – but we ask everyone to consider all the things we need to do to keep our people healthy and well.
This year we focus on the issue “Depression: Let’s talk.”
First of all, we need to understand what is Depression – Depression is an illness characterized by persistent sadness and a loss of interest in activities that you normally enjoy for more than weeks.
most common symptoms are –
- a loss of energy;
- a change in appetite;
- sleeping more or less;
- reduced concentration;
- feelings of worthlessness, guilt, or hopelessness; and
- thoughts of self-harm or suicide.
Sometimes people take medicines that were prescribed for other people or even take medicines from people not qualified to prescribe them.
But it is not the solution. You have to kill the reason behind the depression. Today, students are committing suicide due to depression. Businessmen are choosing the wrong path. It is really a serious concern which we have to think.
My suggestion on this is – don’t worry, you need to work hard. Don’t lose hope when your time is not with you. Everything has a solution and you just have to find it. Thank you.
Best 10 Lines on World Health Day
- The ‘World Health Day’ is celebrated on 7th April every year.
- It is celebrated under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The First World Health Assembly was held in 1948, by the World Health Organization.
- The Assembly decided to celebrate 7th April of each year, with effect from 1950, as the World Health Day.
- Each year a theme is selected for World Health Day that highlights a priority area of concern for WHO.
- The World Health Day is celebrated to draw worldwide attention to a subject of major importance to global health each year.
- On this day the WHO organizes international, regional and local events.
- In 2017 the theme is – Depression: Let’s Talk.
- This Year the WHO and the whole world will focus majorly on the Depression and the reasons behind the Depression.
- Thank you.