An argumentative essay aims to present a point of view and convince. It is an academic writing in which the personal opinion of the writer is the most important part. This opinion should always be the product of a great reflection on a subject that will almost always be controversial. If you want to know a little more, we show you how to write an argumentative essay.
Steps to follow:
- The first thing to do is choose the theme. For this, it is essential to take a topic that allows more than one opinion; otherwise, the argumentative essay would have no interest, as it would defend an obvious and widespread opinion on a topic.
- After choosing the topic, we must investigate thoroughly about it. It is important to look for reliable sources to base all our arguments. Far from what we can think, the Internet will be the last of the sources. Books or databases are much more reliable in a job of this magnitude. Even so, if the source on the Internet is an official body, it will also have sufficient credibility.
- Having previously informed about the subject we want to deal with, we will find out whether our previous arguments were supported or unsupported. If they are, almost all the work done, we will only have to write the essay. If they are not, surely we will have to keep searching or changing the subject for another in which our arguments are backed by professional data and opinions.
- When writing the essay, the first thing we must do is writing an introduction that is strong enough. A good example would be to talk about the topic in general, to locate the problem or the controversy and to quickly propose a solution. This solution will be our thesis, something really important because the essay will revolve around it.
- The body of the test must be divided according to the arguments we set out. So, if we are going to raise 5 arguments, we can stick to presenting 5 different paragraphs. Obviously, it could be that some arguments are more expensive to explain than others. Writing the body is the most difficult step. An argumentative essay has many similarities with a dissertation as both of them propose argumentative opinions. The difference lies in the existence of research that should be available in any dissertation. Making research can be a wasting time process that’s why getting help from a third party is much recommended. We recommend https://writemyessayonline.com/write-my-dissertation.html, a link aimed to help anyone in making a good dissertation.
- Let’s try to make every argument supported by the sources we’ve been looking for. In this way, we will be contributing credibility to it. We need a strong credibility of our paper, that’s it!
- Finally, we must write a conclusion in which we will review quickly and without stopping each of the arguments. This conclusion will help us further evidence our opinion.